The general purpose of the Gymnasium is to promote within the spirit of the broader aims of education a complete development of pupils in relation to the abilities of that age and the relevant demands of life.
Special aims of the Gymnasium:
-To broaden their sense of values (moral, religious, ethnic, human and other values) in o order to adjust their behavior accordingly. To control and direct their personal feelings to creative targets and humanitarian action.
- To complete and combine their state of knowledge with relevant social issues in order to cope successfully with different situations. To search for solutions to problems in life with a responsible attitude, within the climate of creative dialogue and combined effort.
- To cultivate their linguistic ability so as to convey their thoughts verbally and in written expression clearly and accurately.
- To develop their bodies normally for an improved function of the physical being (organism) and to cultivate kinetic tendencies and abilities.
- To recognize the different art forms and shape their aesthetic judgement .
- To realise their abilities and tendencies, skills and interests. To acquire knowledge of different professions and aim at their further improvement within a framework of social, cultural and economic life in order to develop harmoniously as people and future workers understanding the equal contribution of mental and manual labour in social progress and development.
- The gymnasium studies are three years and comprise three classes A, b, C. In the first class graduates of the primary school and enrolled without examinations. The pupils who complete the three years receive a certificate of completion.
Types of gymnasium
The gymnasium is divided into morning and evening. The evening classes being for working pupils provided they have completed their 14th year.
The general gymnasium is for all classes. Recently sports and music studies have been introduced in gymnasium in certain towns.
The pupils of each class or section must not exceed 30 in number. Classes with more than 30 are strained
If you have any questions or remarks, contact us at: info(at)webmania.gr